Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
"The Pickin' Parlor" is Brought to You By:
The best source for Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Click on the logo above for
The Best Source of Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Forum Navigation
Latest Racing News from www.RACERSLOUNGE.comNews   Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMembers  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp

RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
  Racerslounge Message Forums : The PICKIN' PARLOR
Subject Topic: Coyote Racing and friends (photos)
Active Users Online Now:   26 Active Users , 26 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November-14-2010 at 4:53pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey Robbie,

More details to come soon..... but, the black #99 Late Model will be "back on track" in 2011 for some events at Kingsport Speedway.

Shawn and I will have some art work to post soon.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November-14-2010 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote Robbie Henry  

Cool, looking forward to it! Maybe a chance to get Brad Teague back behind the wheel some?

It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and an angry woman     Proverbs 21:19
Back to Top View Robbie Henry's My Profile Search for other posts by Robbie Henry Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
dpracin
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: November-17-2010 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

Who is going to be behind the wheel of the #99??? Cant wait to see some art work..
Back to Top View dpracin's My Profile Search for other posts by dpracin Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
karen
Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: November-24-2010 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote karen  

Can we start a poll on who we think it might be? hmmm , ideas coming here.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-04-2010 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The traditional Day-Glow Red and White on Black colors of Coyote Racing will be replaced by new colors in 2011.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-04-2010 at 9:27am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The car will still be black, and here is a look at the new colors. Shawn and I will have a 3D Render of the complete car posted on here soon. Also, the plan at present is for the #99 to run all the events at Kingsport Speedway in 2011. We are working on scheduling at present and it is looking like that is a workable plan.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-04-2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Special Contributor
Special Contributor

Posted: December-13-2010 at 5:05pm | IP Logged Quote Tinkfan75  

Hey Lynn,

Found this one on RacersReunion. Check it out.

http://racersreunion.ning.com/photo/1972-lonesome-pine-speedway?context=latest

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-13-2010 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Yep...... That was the beginning of Rick's career.

By the way, Bobby Isaac won the race that day in the K&K Dodge #71.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-13-2010 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

First look at the colors on the car.....

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: December-14-2010 at 6:59am | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you might wanna watch out with the lime green.... It's starting to look like it's a little much
Back to Top View dpracin's My Profile Search for other posts by dpracin Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Van_84
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 7:41am | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

I think it needs MORE lime green...

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 8:13am | IP Logged Quote Robbie Henry  

I think it needs a name over the door so we'll know who the driver is! 

It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and an angry woman     Proverbs 21:19
Back to Top View Robbie Henry's My Profile Search for other posts by Robbie Henry Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey "dp"..... Appreciate the input! 

Actually, it isn't lime green... it is Pantone 354 Green, but it's not possible to display true colors by the time you convert from vector graphics files to JPG format to posted on Internet. And, as Van 84 pointed out above, the actual car will have more green on it when it is completed.  HA HA   The basic stripe which is on the rocker panels in the first pass image above is just there to keep the side from being all black, and will be replaced by a more intricate green and white graphic on the sides.  The image above is just a basic layout with the basic colors on the car. If you think the above is a little much... then you "ain't gonna like the finished product at all"  LOL   It is gonna be BRIGHT!  

If everybody liked the same thing, all race cars would look alike wouldn't they?  Personally... I like to be different. 

Also, we have to go with what pleases the sponsor(s). That is always a real important factor in design.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

HA HA  ......ahhhhhh Robbie, I figured you would notice that.

The driver will have on a Coyote Racing shirt at the Late Model division meeting at Kingsport Speedway Friday evening (12/16).

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 8:49am | IP Logged Quote Robbie Henry  

Now I'll HAVE to drive to Kingsport friday for the meeting! But, if I see Danica Patrick there wearing a Coyote Racing shirt I'm turning around and walking out the door!! 

Streetstock5
Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: December-14-2010 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote Streetstock5  

All it  needs now is a racerslounge.com sticker and she's ready.
Back to Top View Streetstock5's My Profile Search for other posts by Streetstock5 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 9:41am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey Dewey..... look on the front side of the rear spoiler in the image above. The image here is just a little too small for it to show up good.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: December-14-2010 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

Haha..... I guess if you add some white in their with the green it won't be all that bad haha.... I looked up that Pantone 354 green.... It's definitely not my style to put on a race car haha..... But it could look a lot worse... I think it will look pretty good... But I'm not much of a fan of green on cars in the first place.... I think you should go black and orange.... Just sayin

dpracin
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: December-14-2010 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

Also..... Is the driver a well known driver???? Could you give us any hint on who its going to be??? And also will it be a car that you guys have used in the years past or a new/newer one?
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey dp..... if you want to provide the funding to run the car, plus additional OSA fee, we would consider making the car look like a Halloween pumpkin for you if that would work.   However, "consider" is the key word.  LOL  I have been known to decline sponsorship offers when they didn't fit in with our program. The last NASCAR Late Model Stock Car track championship won by one of my cars, the car looked much like the one depicted above..... i.e., zero sponsors on the car.

I think that we will just keep the car the way it is and the way the sponsors want it. Actually, this color scheme ties with some other things we are doing, so it all may make more sense later.

I must assume that you are in the graphics design business and that you also letter race cars? Therefore you understand that a lot of (most) colors do not show in true shades when viewed in a low resolution JPG image on a home computer monitor. THAT was my point. Even with the system I have, I do not see the same green depicted in the low resolution JPG on this forum that I see in my original vector graphics file when viewed in my graphics program.

BTW... I just threw out that Pantone 354 Clover Green color to say that is closest to how the color shows up in the JPG image posted above, which you called Lime Green.  HA HA  The color to be used on the car is Fluorescent Green..... and Fluorescent Green is not Lime Green.... not even close. As I said above, the true Fluorescent Green color just cannot be depicted here, and it is sort of pointless to quibble over the shade of green or what somebody else prefers.   LOL  If you personally don't like it, that is not a problem. Like I said, if we all liked the same thing the race cars would all look alike wouldn't they, and wouldn't this be a dull world?

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on December-14-2010 at 2:50pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Well.... A hint...... ?     uh....... No.

The car....... The last time Coyote Racing ran a Late Model car on a regular basis was in 1997..... a few years ago...... and the last time a Coyote Racing Late Model competed was the final event of the year at LPR in 2005, when we took a car which we had been using as a show car (for JohnBoy & Billy Genuine Mountain Spring Water, JohnBoy & Billy Grillin' Sauce and TheBigShow.com) out there for a special team reunion deal to run that event.  There is a photo of that car and the story of that event on this thread somewhere.

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: December-14-2010 at 12:31pm | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

Decline sponsorship.... First I've heard of it especially with how the economy is.... I wouldn't care what the car looked like.... If their business is willing to help me out in racing I will put their logo on my car.... No matter if it's pink,blue,yellow,orange or etc.... It wouldnt matter to me.... JMO not trying to make you mad...
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

I have never declined sponsorship because we didn't want funding, but I have declined sponsorship offers when the chemistry wasn't right..... i.e., when it involved personalities which just didn't fit with our group.  You see, the one constant in the equation is our group, so we really do make an effort to form marketing partnerships with people/companies we know we can effectively represent.

Motorsports marketing is another area where I spent a lot of time over the past 35-40 years. A big part of effective marketing relationships is putting the right entities together for the most beneficial deal for all parties concerned. If it doesn't fit, it won't be good. So, yes, it may be difficult for some to understand, but I did decline some sponsorship offers for my own team over the years, and in some cases actually helped pair up entities, who approached us as potential sponsors, with other teams where I could see better results for the sponsor with another team. Successful marketing/sponsorship relationships aren't all about just getting some names on the car and some money in the account.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on December-15-2010 at 10:41am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2010 at 2:11pm | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

Declining sponsorship happens more than You think. I've been in position where I had to decline a sponsorship as well. There are different reasons for declining a sponsorship, one of the most common reasons being a conflict of interest or prior commitment. There are also times where pairing with a sponsor could do far more damage than good for a driver/team.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-18-2010 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-18-2010 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: December-18-2010 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

So Caleb Roark is the driver!!!!
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-18-2010 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The plan is for Caleb Roark to run all the weekly events at Kingsport Speedway next season. He will be eligible for and competing for the Rookie of the Year title, the Late Model Division championship and the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Tennessee State Championship.

Current plans are for Caleb to run at least four events for the Jeff Roark Motorsports NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team in 2011, with veteran Driver Johnny Chapman of Stony Point, North Carolina driving the JRM truck in the remainder of the team's scheduled races. The schedule for JRM's NCWTS team will be announced soon.

Plans are for Chapman to drive the Coyote Racing #99 Late Model (or a second car) in up to four special events in 2011. 

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: December-18-2010 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

Could 2 of those events be NASCAR Whelen Late Model 300 at South Boston and The Martinsville race??? And maybe a UARA Race.....
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-08-2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

I have had several questions about the return of Coyote Racing and need to point out something. 2011 will mark 45 years that I have been actively involved in the local racing scene. I started out at Kingsport Speedway way back in 1966.

With Kingsport Speedway reopening, Jeff and Kim Roark, (Jeff Roark Motorsports), who are long-time very dear friends of ours, wanted to do something special for 2011 to mark that 45th anniversary on the local racing scene. They proposed bringing back Coyote Racing and the #99 for the year. Driver Caleb Roark loved the idea and said that he would be honored to drive the #99 NASCAR Late Model, so we are back with the JRM car becoming the Coyote Racing #99 car for 2011.

Cortney Roark will be driving the Coyote Racing #99 Pure4, and later in the season the #99 Camaro Street Stock at Kingsport Speedway this season.

We plan for both Caleb and Cortney to compete in all of the 2011 regular weekly events at Kingsport Speedway.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on May-28-2011 at 7:27am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-08-2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Pictured below are two guys who became very dear friends of ours through racing. We teamed up with driver Tommy Hilbert and crew chief/team manager Gary Duncan when we all put our collective racing equipment together at the end of the 1981 season. Our very first race together resulted in an 8th place finish in the first ever NASCAR Busch Series race at Bristol. We raced together as a team through the 80's and early 90's. We had such a great group of guys together in that effort, along with Tommy and Gary, our crew consisted of David Fowler, Danny Francis Steve Treadway, Junior Wilson and Johnny Puckett.

Tommy Hilbert (L) and Gary Duncan (R) just before qualifying
for the 1983 NASCAR Busch Series 300-mile event at Daytona.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on May-28-2011 at 7:27am

Retired Champ
Retired Champ

Posted: January-08-2011 at 9:33pm | IP Logged Quote RW  

SpeedRacer2 wrote:

Cortney Roark will also be driving the Coyote Racing #99 Camaro Street Stock at Kingsport Speedway this season.

Hey Lynn, I didn't realize you also had a Street Stock car.
Back to Top View RW's My Profile Search for other posts by RW Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RW
Retired Champ
Retired Champ

Posted: January-08-2011 at 9:36pm | IP Logged Quote RW  

SpeedRacer2 wrote:

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" color=white size=2>Pictured below are two guys who became very dear friends of ours through racing. We teamed up with driver Tommy Hilbert and crew chief/team manager Gary Duncan when we all put our collective racing equipment together at the end of the 1981 season. Our very first race together resulted in an 8th place finish in the first ever NASCAR Busch Series race at Bristol. We raced together as a team through the 80's and early 90's. We had such a great group of guys together in that effort, along with Tommy and Gary, our crew consisted of David Fowler, Danny France, Steve Treadway, Junior Wilson and Johnny Puckett.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" size=2> 

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=white size=3>Tommy Hilbert (L) and Gary Duncan (R) just before qualifying

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=white size=3>for the 1983 NASCAR Busch Series 300-mile event at Daytona.

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> 

I can remember me and my buddy Dale Ball would occasionally stop by down on Cherokee Road at Gary Duncan's house during this time, and Tommy and some of the guys would be present.
Back to Top View RW's My Profile Search for other posts by RW Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-08-2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

RW wrote:
[QUOTE=SpeedRacer2]

Hey Lynn, I didn't realize you also had a Street Stock car.

Now RW.... "dadgum it" (as our old buddy Brad Teague would say)..... you only read the last couple of sentences of my post explaining the return of Coyote Racing.   LOL 

As I posted, Jeff and Kim Roark wanted to do something special to mark my 45th year of active involvement in the local racing scene. So, for 2011, the JRM cars which run at Kingsport Speedway will carry the Coyote Racing colors and the #99. The plan is for both Cortney and Caleb to run all the regular weekly events at Kingsport Speedway in 2011.

For me, their gesture is truly special.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on January-09-2011 at 7:36am

Retired Champ
Retired Champ

Posted: January-08-2011 at 11:57pm | IP Logged Quote RW  

I'm guilty as charged. Man, let's just place blame on me due to temporary loss of sanity over the "dadgum" COLD and SNOW. HA HA HA

I'm about ready to check myself in somewhere. LOL

I guess, as possibly others have to, that you (SpeedRacer) were going to field your own car for Caleb and Cortney. I didn't initially read close enough to see this: "we are back with the JRM car becoming the Coyote Racing #99 car"

I see now Caleb will be driving the JRM car, just with No. 99 on the car in recognition of your many years involved in racing.
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-26-2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Here are few progress photos of the Coyote 99 being prepped for the 2011 season.   (photos by Colin Eades)

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on January-26-2011 at 2:33pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-26-2011 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

I've always been partial to BLACK race car...

Feature Winner
Feature Winner

Posted: January-26-2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote WII Racing  

It's those GREEN numbers and the peanuts under the seat that cause the "old timers" to grimace.     Horrified

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-04-2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Connie Saylor's reverse roll flip in the 1981 Daytona 500 qualifying race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0cbsZ_nWjc

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-23-2011 at 10:06pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The Coyote 99 "Back on Track"

Photos from first practice session of 2011, this week at Kingsport Speedway.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on February-24-2011 at 6:11am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-25-2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

More photos from Wednesday's practice session.

Caleb ready to take to the track

Cortney waits her turn to go on track

The Coyote returns...... First lap at Kingsport Speedway for Caleb Roark.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on February-25-2011 at 3:26pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-25-2011 at 2:55pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Back to the pits for some brake adjustments

Da old coach, and the young Coyote Racing drivers.....

Looking forward to a fun season in alliance with Jeff Roark Motorsports.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-25-2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

I'm not going to lie...I'm excited to see the ol' #99 back at the track again.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-25-2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Cortney after a good practice run.

Cortney will compete in both Pure4 and Street Stock divisions at Kingsport Speedway this season in her black, hot pink and purple Honda and Camaro race cars.

Retired Champ
Retired Champ

Posted: February-26-2011 at 6:05am | IP Logged Quote RW  

The No. 99 looks good!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RW on February-27-2011 at 10:47pm
dpracin
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: February-27-2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote dpracin  

Looking good!!!!!!
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March-14-2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

photo by Randall Perry, PRM Motorsports Photography

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-09-2011 at 4:27am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Look for a big change when the Coyote Racing/JRM #99 Late Model returns to action in a couple of weeks. We did a competition test session at LPR last Saturday, competing in the ASA sanctioned Late Model Division. The car has undergone some major chassis changes and updating at the SS Green Light Racing facility in Mooresville, NC. We did a private test session on Memorial Day morning, May 30, at LPR and then returned to LPR for a racing test session on June 4.

The big change coming?  Last Saturday's event at LPR was the final race for the #99 as a Dodge.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on June-13-2011 at 2:59pm

Page of 5
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version