Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
"The Pickin' Parlor" is Brought to You By:
The best source for Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Click on the logo above for
The Best Source of Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Forum Navigation
Latest Racing News from www.RACERSLOUNGE.comNews   Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMembers  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp

RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
  Racerslounge Message Forums : The PICKIN' PARLOR
Subject Topic: Coyote Racing and friends (photos)
Active Users Online Now:   8 Active Users , 8 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-13-2011 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-14-2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-15-2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

That's one sharp looking ride...

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-25-2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

We went to LPR this weekend to support the track's Breast Cancer awareness efforts, to be there for the fifth annual Wanda Phillips Tribute Night, and to do a little more competition testing of some new stuff.

We had Caleb's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series crew chief, Jason Miller, with us this weekend to call the shots. We also had Jason's father Jerry and six year old son Andrew as a special guests of the team. Jerry is the head fabricator for Turner Motorsports.

This was the debut for the Coyote Racing/JRM Toyota Camry.

It was productive evening, as far as the testing goes ..... but a long evening for Caleb. The clutch went out in the car during the last practice session, so Caleb had only 4th gear for qualifying and racing. That made for "interesting" start and restarts. Plus, some of the things we were testing just had the car way too loose, and the car never tightened up one bit during the entire race. Caleb had his hands full. He couldn't get on the gas coming off the turns without the car wanting to break loose. He spun off turn four on the opening lap, then spun off turn two about mid race. In both instances he managed to loop the car without hitting anything. Caleb brought the car home without a scratch and the crew gained some valuable test information.  One big thing we learned was that the car definitely doesn't need to loosened up quite as much next time we take it to LPR.   LOL

All in all, it was a good learning session for the team as we debuted the #99 Toyota Camry, and new sponsors 5 Mart of Abingdon, TRD and the US ARMY Corps of Engineers water safety program for children featuring BOBBER the Water Safety Dog.

We all had a lot of fun racing and visiting with old friends, and supporting a good cause. Long-time friend Larry Northern also debuted his new #29 "Tasmanian Devil" Late Model, and it was really good having Larry there with us.

Caleb was worn out after dealing with an ill handling car which had no clutch.

(photo by Colin Eades)

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on June-26-2011 at 7:33am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: August-09-2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

(photo by Cortney Roark)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: August-30-2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Food City Family Race Night 2011

Caleb Roark at Food City Family Race Night 2011

(photos by Shawn Peters/84EXPO.com)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October-19-2011 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

We went back to Lonesome Pine Raceway last Saturday for the track's season ending event to promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April-24-2012 at 11:13pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Sort of a flashback .... to 2008 at LPR

(photo by Shawn Peters/84EXPO.com)

This JRM/Coyote Racing #7 car, Caleb Roark's first Late Model ride, was sponsored by JohnBoy & Billy Genuine Mountain Spring Water, TheBigShow.com, Big Tom of Survivor, Buchanan Paint & Decorating, J&B Distributing, RacersLounge.com, FM94, Pro Image Racing Graphics and 84EXPO.com.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on April-25-2012 at 1:57pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October-08-2012 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey RW .... Finally got a photo of the #77 Dodge Kit Car NASCAR Late Model Sportsman car which the late Jim Hayes raced at Lonesome Pine Raceway back in the 70's.  That was always one NEAT looking car .. Jim always showed up at the track with the car looking brand new.... and, he was very competitive.

Retired Champ
Retired Champ

Posted: October-15-2012 at 11:13pm | IP Logged Quote RW  

The No. 77 Jim Hayes car was very cool lookin' indeed. Where my late father had done some construction (excavating) work for Jim on his property, dad and I had been in Jim's shop some and as a boy I got to climb into the car and sit in the driver's seat. Jim said to me one time, "Robert, I believe you could drive this car." I told him I believed I could too. HA HA HA

Dr. Don Tarr had a farm not far from where I lived as a boy, and my dad also did some excavating work for Dr. Tarr and dug some ponds on the property. Dr. Tarr was also a doctor at the Veterans Administration Center Hospital here in Johnson City, and with my dad being a veteran, he went to the VA for medical care. Dr. Tarr always treated my dad whenever he went to the VA at anytime. Dr. Tarr left the VA and began a medical practice in Mountain City, where he also owned a motel, too.
Back to Top View RW's My Profile Search for other posts by RW Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November-11-2012 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

More photos coming soon!

Special Contributor
Special Contributor

Posted: November-12-2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged Quote Tinkfan75  

...and there is more good LPIR/K'Port/Bristol stuff just posted to the Southern Short Track Racing Memories volume 2 Facebook page!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-12-2012 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Been getting a few questions about when I will be posting more photos ... Probably won't have time until after Christmas holidays.  But will have some good stuff! Some more from the old days of Kingsport Speedway, more from the 70's at LPR, some photos from an ARCA event we competed in at LPR in the early 80's, some images of the Coyote Racing Street Stock #99 which was driven by Marty Tunnell at LPR. (That car later became Eric McClure's first LPR ride).

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-18-2013 at 6:30pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

To the top ....

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Page of 5
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version