Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
"The Dirt Forum" is Brought to You By:
RCR Race Cars, Parts, Repairs, Church Hill, TN, Call (423) 357-8251
Forum Navigation
  Racerslounge Message Forums : DIRT Racing
Subject Topic: FASTRAK Rookie of the Year - Taylor Hicks
Active Users Online Now:   15 Active Users , 15 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
FASTRAKPR
Special Contributor
Special Contributor

Posted: November-29-2013 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote FASTRAKPR  

FASTRAK Driver SPOTLIGHT – #4 Taylor Hicks – 2013 FASTRAK Rookie of the Year Champion

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE** November 29th, 2013 FASTRAK PR

FASTRAK Drivers SPOTLIGHT – #4 Rocket Chassis of “The BIG Hick” Taylor Hicks from Gaffney, South Carolina is your Official Champion of the 2013 FASTRAK City Chevrolet Touring Division Rookie of the Year Points hunt and finished solidly inside the Top 5 for the overall Championship Point Standings in 2013. He’s progressively improving and making his presence known week after week on the Touring level and will break though in Victory Lane very soon. “FASTRAK Universe” let’s get to know more about Taylor Hicks as he’s this week FASTRAK Drivers SPOTLIGHT and your FASTRAK Rookie of the Year!!

How did you get into racing?
I Started out racing motocross when I was about 13 or 14 but my dad used to race 4 cylinders before I was born and we both decided we would rather me race cars.

How old were you? First car/class?
I was 17 when I raced my very first car race. I ran a stock 4 cylinder at Cleveland County Speedway. I ran the last two laps with a flat tire and didn’t know it until after the race.

Greatest achievement in your racing career?
Winning my first ever crate late model race.

Any superstitions (peanuts not allowed in pits, etc)?
Not really a superstition but I have prayer before I hit the track each time, hot laps, qualifying, heat and main.

What is the story behind running the number you choose?
My dad ran the number 4 when he raced so I chose to run it as well.

What is the hardest part of racing?
Being competitive week in and week out, trying to keep up with people with more money and more experience.

What got you involved with the FASTRAK Racing Series and what keeps you racing with the Series? Started running the big local races last year and decided this year to run for the Southeast touring series rookie of the year title.

Tell us what you like most about your home track?
Not having to travel

What are some of your other favorite tracks & why do you like them so much?
Any high banked high momentum track, but I really like Toccoa Speedway a lot if I had to choose one.

What’s the hardest track you’ve ever competed at?
It was really hard to figure out Princeton Speedway for me, I don’t have a lot of patience for slow, roll the corner, racetracks.

What do you like to do when you are not racing?
Mostly Work, hang out with friends, ride four wheelers, I also have a breeding business where I breed Chesapeake Bay retrievers and I enjoy that.

People you’d like to thank & sponsors.
First of all, my parents for their moral and financial support. Without them I wouldn’t be racing at all. Also the people that help me get to the track every week and do all the work while we are there. Brandon Parris and Mark Lovingood. My girlfriend, Jerrica for putting up with basically no weekends off and many late nights in the shop. Also have to thank Albert Stevens, with wire-rite our primary sponsor he makes a lot of our traveling happen without him we wouldn’t be nearly as competitive as we are. Lastly, the rest of my family, friends and fans that cheer me on and have supported me along the way.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED FASTRAK DRIVERS IN BEING BE APART OF THE 2013 FASTRAK DRIVERS SPOTLIGHT PLEASE CONTACT: FASTRAK Companies International – PR Media Director – Wesley Outland – 919-262-5660 or email him at wesley@fastrakracing.com and he’ll make it happen!!

2014 is certainly going to be BIGGER and more EXCITING than the 2013 race season. That’s all we can say for now but there’s a lot of things into works even before the end of the year. We would like to extend a special thank you to all the FASTRAK drivers, teams, track promoters, sponsors, contingencies and most of all the fans for supporting the “Nation’s First and Premier Pro Late Models Series in the Country” – FASTRAK Racing Series.

Stay tuned to www.fastrakracing.com and/or www.fastrakne.com as well as the FASTRAK Racing Series Fan Page on Facebook and/or follow @FASTRAK_Racing on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

FASTRAK Companies International would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2013 FASTRAK sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance, Arizona Sports Shirts, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, High Velocity Heads and RockAuto.com to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Brian Haynes at (706) 340-4781.

undefined
Back to Top View FASTRAKPR's My Profile Search for other posts by FASTRAKPR Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version