Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
"The Pickin' Parlor" is Brought to You By:
The best source for Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Click on the logo above for
The Best Source of Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Forum Navigation
Latest Racing News from www.RACERSLOUNGE.comNews   Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMembers  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp

RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
  Racerslounge Message Forums : The PICKIN' PARLOR
Subject Topic: Hey RW !!!!
Active Users Online Now:   15 Active Users , 15 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April-15-2012 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Have you heard?  .....

The BAD NEWS...Hostess is threatening to shut down this week if workers support.

The GOOD NEWS...If they do shut down, the last box of twinkies that come off the production line will stay fresh until 2015.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April-15-2012 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

Someone alert Woody Harrelson!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April-15-2012 at 7:26pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

LOL    I just noticed that the RacersLounge auto-censor did not like a word which I used in my post above.

That word was s-t-r-i-k-e ...... i.e., if the workers should go out on the picket line.

Somehow, the word "support", which the auto-censor inserted in place of my obscene word, just doesn't have quite the same meaning.    HA HA

Retired Champ
Retired Champ

Posted: April-15-2012 at 10:19pm | IP Logged Quote RW  

I know the Hostess company is in bad financial shape. A good friend of mine had a sales route for the past six years, and he was one of five drivers who lost their jobs when cut-backs were made.

I'm not sure if Brian told me that Hostess had filed for bankruptcy, or it looked like they'd be filing for bankruptcy.

It doesn't matter to me, though, if Twinkies last for 10 years if Hostess is still affiliated with Danica Patrick.
Back to Top View RW's My Profile Search for other posts by RW Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April-16-2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The Hostess company did file for bankruptcy quite some time back. We had a topic about that filing here on RacersLounge at the time. The company has continued to operate under bankruptcy since that filing. Now the final nails are being driven into the coffin of the Hostess company.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April-18-2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

Pujols steps into the box with a 2-2 count. 49-year-old Jamie Moyer needs only 1 more out to clinch the World Series for the underdog Colorado Rockies. There's the pitch, SUPPORT THREE!!!

Admin Group
Admin Group
Old Poopie Head (Racerslounge.com Owner)

Posted: April-23-2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote oldpro  

Strike, strike, strike, strike.

Should be an okay word now.  I actually remember why we had to add that word.  It was a good reason, but hopefully that nonsense is long gone.

You ain't seen RACING...
Back to Top View oldpro's My Profile Search for other posts by oldpro Visit oldpro's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
The Wicked One
Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: April-23-2012 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote The Wicked One  

Twinkies are disgusting anyway.
Back to Top View The Wicked One's My Profile Search for other posts by The Wicked One Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
WOOWOO
Track Owner
Track Owner
One Sweet Lady

Posted: June-16-2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote WOOWOO  

Wonder what the people that love them fried things are gonna do now?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version