Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
RL.com Racing News is Brought to You By:
RCR Race Cars, Parts, Repairs, Church Hill, TN, Call (423) 357-8251
Forum Navigation
  Racerslounge Message Forums : RACING NEWS
Subject Topic: Newport Open In 2014
Active Users Online Now:   6 Active Users , 6 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Newport MS
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: February-22-2014 at 2:25pm | IP Logged Quote Newport MS  

I know it has been a very long time since any status updates have been given in regards to Newport Speedway and the 2014 season.   However new information is finally out and I can say that the track WILL be open for business in 2014.   Important details are listed below:

- Ed Surrett has taken over Newport Speedway's operations for the 2014 season.

- The season will be comprised of 9 events. 7 races involving local division races and 2 races which will feature the Southeast Super Truck Series.

- For each of the local division events, there will be twin late model races, street stocks, FWD, Mini Cups and another division TBA

- The season opener will be held on May 10th. Other dates will be announced shortly.

- There will be two "away" races for the local divisions which will be run at Tri-County Motor Speedway on May 17th and October 18th. The lower divisions of Newport Speedway will act as the support divisions for the Southeast Super Trucks who will headline both of these events. THESE RACES WILL BE POINTS RACES.

- Admission to Newport Speedway will be $10 for general admission and for tier parking $15 per car, $10 per person. Pit pricing is TBA.

- Rules for FWD and Mini Cup should remain the same as last year. There may be some slight rule changes for the LM and SS divisions. Those rule changes will be announced when available.   Nothing major, just some tweaks here and there.

That's it for right now, I apologize that information hasn't been forthcoming until now but as I've said in the past, I can only post what I know. The website, located at www.newportmotorspeedway.com will undergo a facelift and will reflect all of this information as well as any new information that will become available.

Thanks again for your patience, and here is to a start! Please share this with your fellow fans and competitors of Newport Speedway so everyone knows and be sure to follow us on Facebook.
Back to Top View Newport MS's My Profile Search for other posts by Newport MS Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version