Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
"The Asphalt Forum" is Brought to You By:
RCR Race Cars, Parts, Repairs, Church Hill, TN, Call (423) 357-8251
Forum Navigation
  Racerslounge Message Forums : ASPHALT Racing
Subject Topic: Sad
Active Users Online Now:   8 Active Users , 8 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bobby Gobble
Track Owner
Track Owner

Posted: October-08-2013 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote Bobby Gobble  

Its really sad that its been 48 hours since the checker flag at Martinsville in the biggest late model race in the country and still nobody from LPR or Kingsport said anything about it. Kingsport track champ was on the pole, Kingsport regular Hayden Woods finished top 10 and LPR track champ finished in top 5. Sad these young men doesnt get the local fans support.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October-08-2013 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

I saw a LOT of support on Facebook ... which seems to be most folks' online communication of choice these days. We maintain RacersLounge for the support and promotion of local short tracks all over the country. It is a place for fans and racers and supporters to communicate, to tell their stories, to post track news, team news, driver news, etc.  And it is provided by Mike Copeland (the site owner) and the sponsors of the site such as Roger Clendenin Race Cars & Parts, Pro Image, 84EXPO free of any cost to participants.   Until just a couple of years ago we had many racers and fans and tracks utilizing RacersLounge to promote and discuss their local racing. Just seems that most folks would rather use Facebook these days.  

This isn't just a forum and news site for Kingsport Speedway and Lonesome Pine Raceway. It is for all short tracks. Just as an FYI, this site is based out of Nashville, Tennessee.

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: October-12-2013 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote reed24ls  

Exactly right Speedracer I used to get up every morning and check this forum to see what was going on at the local short tracks not only the two close ones but also Motormile to see who was mad at who that week and who the biggest cheater was hahaha but now it seems I check Facebook for that information and yes I also seen a lot of support for our local guys on there and updates on the LPR page about Ryan Stiltner and new flashes about Chad taking the pole, what I do miss about this forum is the Speedracer stories. Well peace out until next time might go try and work on my lawnmower so I will be ready to race next year seems ole Chad Fincham has his tuned up pretty good at Martinsville too.
Back to Top View reed24ls's My Profile Search for other posts by reed24ls Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October-12-2013 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

LOL  Stacy ... Sorry about not keeping up with my own stories and updates like I used to do. As you know, we have been going through a lot for the past couple of years with Sue's health issues. The surgery at HVMC in February of 2011 in which the primary cause of her problem was completely missed and resulted in a year of pain and suffering for her. The emergency surgery at JMH in May of 2012, (as a result of that botched procedure in February of 2011), and she almost didn't make it through the emergency surgery ... the post-op infection issues which required round-the-clock care from May until August of 2012. And then the chemo and radiation treatments last fall and winter, followed by surgery at UVA in March of this year. We are in second round chemo now.  We are so very thankful for the outstanding surgeons at JMH and for the superb surgeons and staff at UVA Medical Center! We are also extremely thankful and appreciative of all the prayers sent up by friends, and for the continued help with routine things like mowing and running errands and making decal deliveries and looking after things while we were in Charlottesville, etc. We can never fully express our appreciation for those friends who pitched in to help out with such things. It has been a tough deal just handling the day to day routine and trying to keep the business going. I will try to post some things when I can get the time. Continued prayers are much appreciated!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October-12-2013 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

I meant to say also that I was one of those who posted congratulatory comments on facebook, but I want to also say on here that both Kingsport Speedway and Lonesome Pine Raceway were represented exceptionally well by those KS and LPR racers who made the trip to Martinsville. All of them did an outstanding job and both tracks have every right to do a some boasting about their racers.   Good job by all!

Track Owner
Track Owner

Posted: October-13-2013 at 3:49am | IP Logged Quote Bobby Gobble  

I just really thought that we would read more about the local guys on here but you are right Speedracer facebook is the place to read about anything these days. Didnt mean to sound so negative just really thought more would have been said on a local short track forum. Also thanks to Mike Copeland for keeping this fourm going always have loved this forum

Track Owner
Track Owner

Posted: October-13-2013 at 3:51am | IP Logged Quote Bobby Gobble  

LPR and Kingsport really should be proud of the local guys they did really well. Ryan Stiltner has come along way since his first season

Admin Group
Admin Group
Old Poopie Head (Racerslounge.com Owner)

Posted: October-15-2013 at 3:00pm | IP Logged Quote oldpro  

We're not saying goodbyes on here, are we?  You all will regret choosing FB over RL one day.

Lynn, you know how much I appreciate your help with RL, and that you guys are always in our thoughts and prayers here in Nashville.  And, if there is ever anything I can do, all you have to do is ask.

Some new people that have gotten on here in the last few years (excluding the "Gold Sellers" as people), probably don't know the history of RL.

The site was started, initially, for the fans and racers of Kingsport Speedway, many years back, when another site that was being used was shut down (supposedly at the promoter's request/demand).

I lived in E.TN at that time (Maryville/Knoxville), and did attend some races at Kingsport.  My history is also one of being a racer, having raced some at SMS and 411 (411 was asphalt at the time, SMS was dirt...I'm not old enough for the SMS asphalt days).  Not a super-spectacular "career", but fun (just too expensive).

Anyway, I later tried to give LPR and other area tracks a place to promote their tracks and for fans/racers to communicate (here on RL).  I spent many hours, blood, sweat, tears, gas money, etc, promoting the tracks with stories, photographer galleries, video galleries, and this FORUM.  I attended races at LPR and other area tracks as well.  We even had a couple of FORUM "get-togethers" for the upper-east-tn/sw-va people that participated on here.  It was fun.

We also did some live video/audio streaming of races at some tracks, thanks to several people on here (who put it together on their own...I only provided a web server/place to host).

I promised, when I started this site, that it would be here for those that lost the original site (Kingsport Speedway fans/racers), and I've definitely kept my word over the years (that was back around 2001).

It hasn't always been smooth, fun, or easy.  There have been rough patches, some seen, others not seen to the site users.  But this site has been here where many others have come and gone.

Anyway, I'm on FB, just like everyone else.  However, there are more and more things on FB I don't like (privacy issues, junk posts, and advertisements), so I'm not sure how long I will continue to be on there, to be completely honest.

For now, even with people using FB, RL is still here for anyone wanting to talk/participate.  Someday, folks may realize what they had, here.

You ain't seen RACING...
Back to Top View oldpro's My Profile Search for other posts by oldpro Visit oldpro's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October-15-2013 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Very well stated Mike (a.k.a. Old Pro).

Definitely not saying "goodbye" here. I just haven't had the time to keep racing updates and general "stuff" posted as I used to do. RacersLounge is one of the best racing news and discussion sites there is. Mike and his moderators, and few sponsors provide it for the benefit and promotion of all types of racing. We would LOVE to see more participation by tracks and racers and fans.

...and, I promise that as soon as I can, I will definitely be posting more on here.

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: October-16-2013 at 3:29pm | IP Logged Quote theoldfordboy  

mike/lynn
as lynn knows i to have been displaced from the tn/va area(charleston wv) and a few of you guys know me and I wanted to chime in and say that on sunday mornings during race season this is the first place I check for results and to find out who is p@@@ed off at who I have been lucky enough to make it down to a couple shows a year at kingsport but you guys are my lifeline up here in almost heaven keep it up guys i for one really dig it
Back to Top View theoldfordboy's My Profile Search for other posts by theoldfordboy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version