Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
RL.com Racing News is Brought to You By:
RCR Race Cars, Parts, Repairs, Church Hill, TN, Call (423) 357-8251
Forum Navigation
  Racerslounge Message Forums : RACING NEWS
Subject Topic: UARA Suspending 2014 Season
Active Users Online Now:   26 Active Users , 26 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-22-2014 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The UARA for 2014

The UARA was developed in 2002 with the plan of having a touring series that you could take your Saturday night late model racer and prepare them for the future. There has been a tremendous amount of talent come through the UARA in 12 years.

There has been some great years and there have been some years not as well as we would like. 2013 was one of the toughest year in racing that I can remember. The rains caused major havoc for all the local racetracks and series as well.

As we all in motor sports knows racing is a sponsor driven business. The UARA has had the honor of having some Great contingency sponsors . We would like to say thanks to all the Sponsors , Teams , Crews and Families that have participated in the UARA during the past 12 years and become UARA family members.

As most of you know Wink and myself have put our heart and soul into the UARA.

This summer I learned that may dad has terminal cancer and four months later found out my mother has cancer. Winks dad had a stroke before Christmas and then took a tumble on January 6 and broke his hip and femur.

With that being said Wink and I are going to suspend the 2014 UARA season in order to tend to family obligations. We will continue to work during that time off from racing to work on UARA sponsorships and reorganization. We will be preparing for a bigger and stronger return of the UARA in 2015.

Because as important as racing is to us, Family is at the top of the list and we are needed to take care of our parents. At this time they need us to care for them like they took care of us when we needed them.

We regret having to make this decision because it affects so many teams, sponsors and officials. We are very sorry for the inconveniences this may cause teams. You all are very important to us but duty calls.

Teams that have bought a 2014 license will be refunded the total amount.

Wink and I would personally like to thank all the Officials. Teams, Sponsors and Promoters for making the last 12 years a very memorable experience and we look forward to renewing our relationships in the future.

Kerry Bodenhamer

Wishing all many blessings - Love your family and cherish each moment! Wink

Wink Bodenhamer
UARA-STARS
70 Holbert Road
Hendersonville, NC 28791
828-692-3833 office
828-692-7550 fax
828-329-2542 cell
@winkbodenhamer Twitter

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register